Download our FREE smartphone app today!
10 Special Facts About Our Academy
- We have 60 lively young minds in each of our primary year groups with 52 children in our nursery
- In work and in play, our children are encouraged towards traditional values: good manners and behaviour, enthusiasm and recognising right from wrong.
- The specialism at our academy is Literacy, which we chose because we believe that learning to read, write and communicate effectively is extremely important.
- All of our pupils have a reading lesson every single day – this is so that they can read fluently by the time they are age 7.
- Reports are sent home very regularly, every 6 weeks, so that parents know how their children are doing and how they can help them to develop and improve.
- We want all of our children to be able to ‘hit the ground running’ when they change school at age 11 - that is why we bring in subject specialists in Years 5 and 6.
- For the most academically able children, we begin introducing the secondary curriculum early.
- Creativity and fun are important aspects of the way we do things at the academy – our arts education programme (music, drama, dance and visual art) supports this aspect of learning.
- Our children are very talented. Our extracurricular programme is packed full of music clubs, dance clubs, drama clubs, writing clubs and sports activities.
- Children can be dropped at the Academy as early as 7.45am for Breakfast Club