FOI, Privacy Notice, Complaints & Charging Policy
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane provides a free education for boys and girls of all abilities. However, the Governors of the Academy reserve the right to charge in the following circumstances:
- Where a parent wishes a child to learn a musical instrument.
- When a request is made for accreditation in a subject that is not a normal part of the student’s Academy programme; when a request is made for a different form of accreditation to that advised by the Academy; when a student is entered for an examination but fails to sit it, unless the reason is acceptable to the Principal and Chairman of Governors;
- Where a trip is proposed which is not a compulsory part of the curriculum, parents will be invited to make a contribution to cover the costs involved. This will be on the understanding that if there is insufficient support the proposed trip will not take place.
- Cost of ingredients or materials for practical subjects, where parents have indicated in advance, a wish to own the finished product.
See our charging and remissions policy below.
Raising Any Concerns
We really do value your feedback and I would like to remind you about how to raise any concerns with us. In the first instance, please speak to the Home School Liaison Officer, Mr Robertson, in the playground - before or after school. Alternatively, you can telephone the office and arrange to speak to the Principal or Vice Principal at a convenient time. Following that, if you are still concerned, please make an appointment to see a member of our Senior Leadership Team. Photos of all staff are in the reception area – in case you need to put names to faces. We want to make every effort to accommodate every parents' needs and ensure all children are happy at all times. In the event the issue needs to be raised with the Principal, Ms Penzer, Emma in the office can arrange an appointment or she can speak to you over the telephone. We also routinely provide interpreters at parents’ evenings and this can be arranged at other times too. Just let us know!
PRIVACY NOTICE for the school workforce employed or otherwise engaged to work at a Harris Federation school
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Act 1998
The Harris Federation are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act.
Personal data is held by the schools about those employed or otherwise engaged to work at the schools. This is to assist in the smooth running of the schools and/or enable individuals to be paid. This personal data includes some or all of the following: identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number; characteristics such as ethnic group; employment contract and remuneration details; post “A” level qualifications; and absence information.
The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
• improving the management of school workforce data across the sector;
• enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up;
• informing the development of recruitment and retention policies;
• allowing better financial modeling and planning;
• enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring;
• supporting the work of the School Teacher Review Board and the School Support Staff Negotiating Body.
We are required to pass on some of this data to the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how the DfE store and use this data please go to the following website:
• If you are unable to access this website, please contact the Harris Federation or the DfE as follows:
Harris Federation of South London Schools
4th Floor, Norfolk House
Tel: 0208 253 7777
Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0370 000 2288
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school, Harris Federation or the DfE without your consent unless the law and our rules allow us to.
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 gives the public right of access to information produced in the course of the Federation’s work.
There are exemptions to this right. In particular, data about living, identifiable people ('personal data') continues to be covered by the Data Protection Act and is not generally publicly available except to the "subject" of the data - that is, the person whom the data is about.
Under the Freedom of Information Act, the Harris Federation of South London Schools has developed a Publication Scheme which lists all the documents which the Federation will make public as a matter of routine.
If the information you are looking for is not available on our Publication Scheme which can be found further down the page, you can make a request for the information you require in writing, please make sure you read our charging policy for information about cost you may be liable for.
Sir Dan Moynihan
Chief Executive Officer
The Academy is part of the Harris Federation for which the Funding Agreement may be seen here. The Academies own Supplementary Agreement can be found below.
|Academy Complaints Procedure||08th Nov 2016||Download|
|Complaints Policy - Guidance Notes for Non-Staff PDF||13th Oct 2016||Download|
|HPAPL Charging and Remissions Policy March 2017||10th Apr 2017||Download|
|HPAPL Freedom of Information Charging Policy.pdf||06th Nov 2017||Download|
|Freedom of Information||16th Jan 2018||Download|
|Whistleblowing Policy||16th Jan 2018||Download|