Welcome to Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Welcome to the Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane website which, we hope, allows you an insight into day to day life at our academy.
Like you, we have high aspirations and ambitions for the children at the academy. There is a driving determination to ensure that all pupils and adults reach their full potential. Our aims, visions and priorities for improvement underpin all our policy and practice and we revisit and reflect upon these aims, visions and priorities in our day to day work with the pupils and wider community.
We aim to:
- Provide a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment where children enjoy learning and playing
- Foster a love of learning within a structured, broad and balanced curriculum
- Provide high standards of teaching to develop knowledge, skills and understanding in all subjects
- Develop self - esteem so each pupil has positive belief in their individual abilities and potential
- Develop learning skills by encouraging a sense of curiosity, open-mindedness, perseverance, objectivity, reflection and critical thinking
- Nurture pupil diversity emphasising individual talents in a wide range of fields, including academic, music, sport, art and drama
- Develop values and opinions within the context of mutual respect and understanding of differing belief systems and cultures within our community
- Effectively implement the Federation equality plan and monitor progress towards meeting our equality duties
We articulate our shared vision for improvement every day through ensuring we focus on the 7 Ps:
- Partner work
We are a proud member of the Harris Federation of primary, secondary and all-through academies and work closely with the central Federation team and other academies to ensure we constantly challenge, support and encourage each other to meet standards of excellence and fulfil high expectations. Despite having one of the highest proportion of pupils of disadvantaged background in Haringey, 78% of Harris Phillip Lane pupils achieved the combined RWM, one of the highest in the country and in the top 5% of schools with similar pupils (Fischer Family Trust). Progress was ranked in the top 20% nationally for Reading and top 10% for Maths and Writing. Our 2017 KS2 provisional results rank us the seventh highest in the borough this year
We are lucky to be situated at the heart of a vibrant and diverse community with direct access to Downhills Park and close to the local swimming pool, public library, Bernie Grant Arts Centre and a range of other amenities we use to enrich our children's learning.
Thank you for visiting our website, we hope that you enjoy reading it but if you feel you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear from you.
Emma Penzer BEd(Hons) NPQH