HPAPL Graduate level Teaching Assistant
Dates: Apply by Wendesay 12th July 2017
Salary: Competitive Grade 3
Contract type: Term time only – 33 hours per week
Contract term: Permanent
Graduate Level Teaching Assistant
To start in September 2017
At Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane we have the highest possible aspirations for our staff and pupils. We expect all our children to make very good progress and develop the skills and personal qualities they need for the future.
You would be working as part of a supportive team at Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane where we offer:
- Excellent professional development opportunities provided by Harris Federation.
- An ambitious, successful and vibrant place to work;
- Children who are bright, confident and eager to learn;
- A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
- A senior leadership team that is highly committed to developing others
We welcome applications from experienced TA’s who:
- Model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children;
- Show commitment to on-going professional development;
- Contribute to the wider life at the Academy, including a key role in undertaking medical duty and supervision, deputising for the Senior Medical Officeras needed;
- Support the maintenance of a dynamic and inspiring learning environment;
- Demonstrate that they are innovative, highly motivated and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and are able to work well as part of our team.
The successful applicant needs to be degree level and have:
- A Higher level teaching assistant qualification (or working towards)
- Excellent numeracy/Literacy skills – equivalent to GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths
- Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation
- Good understanding of child development and learning processes
- The ability to use their initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and parents and work as part of our dedicated and caring staff team.
- Experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language.
- Experience of delivering a structured phonics programme(desirable).
This post is permanent, 33 hours per week, term-time only; salary: Grade 3 pro-rata.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory Enhanced checks from the Disclosure & Barring Service and receipt of satisfactory references.
To apply please use the link https://careers.harrisfederation.org.uk/vacancy/graduate-teaching-assistant-320211.html#hs_show_apply_popup=true
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th July 2017
Please note that only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted for interview.
|Job description Teaching assistant HPAPL||16th Jan 2017||Download|
|19210 HPAPL Prospectus.pdf||06th Jul 2017||Download|