Early Years Foundation Stage
At HPAPL be believe young children are entitled to high quality early years education and care. This is fundamental to their well being and development and lays the foundations on which later learning and success can be built.
Our team of Early Years Educators consists of our EYFS Leader, Lead Nursery Teacher and our NNEB qualified support staff. Our principals and practice are based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), a statutory framework that sets the standards that all Early Years providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
Our Early Years Foundation Stage Team aims to:
- provide high quality care and education where all our children can flourish and achieve
- ensure our Foundation Stage provision puts the young child and their family at the heart of the learning process
- advocate appropriate early years practice which recognises the importance of the child’s stage of development and has high expectations for all children to reach their potential
- understand and apply our knowledge of how young children develop and learn
Life is full of changes and transitions: this can be exciting and positive or worrying and difficult, especially for young children starting school or nursery. We take pride in supporting our individual children and their families in a sensitive and thoughtful way through this process as they join us in the nursery, reception and as they move into Year 1.
Our Early Years Free Entitlement (EYFE) for two, three and four year olds allocation is listed below for your information.
Number of Planned Early Education Places
No of Places
I plan to offer early years free entitlement for two-year-olds (15 hours)
I plan to offer early years free entitlement for three-and four-year-olds (15 hours)
I plan to offer extended free entitlement – 30 hours
We love to hear from our parents/carers, it helps us to know what is working well and what we need to improve. Below are some of the comments we have recently recently in our EYFS survey relating to Tapestry:
- "Tapestry is excellent. It's so lovely seeing what he gets up to during the day. The email reminders are good...to update the tool."
- "I think it's great that the teachers invite parents to make uploads on Tapestry on a weekly basis including a theme/suggestion."
- "Very good system, I enjoy reading the comments and looking at the photos."
- "I love reading observations on Tapestry. I really appreciate the teachers hard work. It helps me a lot to see how my son thinks and communicates with other people."
- "I like the way [Tapestry] is used in Reception to set practical homework activities. Which involves spending time with ch/practical activities/getting out and about."
We are pleased to be able to offer nursery tours for prospective parents who wish to apply to our nursery. These will take place on
- Wednesday 6th March at 1.30pm
- Wednesday 24th April at 1.30pm
Early Years Team
**DOCUMENTS BELOW DATED 30 APRIL 2018 RELATE TO 'EARLY WRITERS' PARENT WORKSHOP
|Early Years MATHS workshop.pptx||09th Jan 2018||Download|
|Track template.pdf||09th Jan 2018||Download|
|Helping your child at home maths leaflet.pdf||09th Jan 2018||Download|
|Complex speed sounds||30th Apr 2018||Download|
|Early writers||30th Apr 2018||Download|
|Shopping list||30th Apr 2018||Download|
|EYFS Policy 201819||22nd Jan 2019||Download|
|EYFS transition policy 2018 2019||24th Jan 2019||Download|
|NEW Nursery Curriculum overview spr1 2019||04th Feb 2019||Download|
|Nursery Curriculum overview spr2 2019||07th Mar 2019||Download|
|Rec Summary Snapshot Spring 2 new||07th Mar 2019||Download|
|First 100 words||07th Mar 2019||Download|