Welcome to the Harris Academy Philip Lane Admissions information page. We recognise that choosing a school for your child is an important decision.
Please look at our news page for details of our open days for prospective Parents, Carers and Students. We offer tours of the Academy on a regular basis. Academy tour dates can be found in our 'Full calendar' section on our website. Please contact school office to book. If you wish to visit us on another occasion, or there are no up-coming dates listed, please do not hesitate to contact us and we can arrange a tour for you.â
We look forward to having you visit our academy.
|Telephone: 0208 808 3231
Address: Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane, Philip Lane, London, N15 4AB
We have 52 part time places available in our nursery. Please contact our admissions team for an application form.
The Academy has 60 places in Reception for September 2020.
Applications for places in Reception should be made via the local authority.
|Reception Key Dates|
|15 January 2020||Application forms to be received by the Local Authority|
|16 April 2020||The LA will contact parents to inform them if they have been successful in applying for a place.|
|30 April 2020||Deadline for parents to accept the offered place.|
|20 May 2020||Deadline for appeals to be made in writing to the LA|
|May - June 2020||Appeals to be heard|
|September 2020||Waiting Lists closed and replaced by casual admissions waiting lists, Parents/Carers will need to re-apply as a casual admission, if still waiting.|
Where a child is the subject of a Statement of Special Educational Needs where the Academy is named in the Statement or an EHC (Educational Healthcare) Plan, he or she will be admitted under different regulations.
After the admission of pupils with Statements of Special Educational Needs or EHC Plans, we follow the local admission criteria and the following rules will be applied in the order of priority set out below to decide who will be offered a place:
1) Children in Care - Children who are looked after by a local authority or were previously looked after but immediately after being looked after, became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order.
2) Social Medical - Children who the Authority accepts have an exceptional medical or social need for a place at one specific school. Applications will only be considered under this category if they are supported by a written statement from a doctor, social worker or other relevant independent professional. The information must confirm the exceptional medical or social need and demonstrate how the specified school is the only school that can meet the defined needs of the child.
3) Brother or sister - Children with a brother or sister already attending Philip Lane and who will still be attending on the date of admission. This category includes foster brothers and sisters, half brothers and sisters or stepbrothers and sisters or other children living permanently at the same address. Parents should note that in all these cases, the brother or sister must be living at the same address as the child for whom the application is being made.
4) Children who are already in our nursery.
5) Distance - Children living closet to the Academy. This is measured in a straight line from post office address point for the child's home, to the post office point of the academy, supplied by the Royal Mail using a computerised mapping system.
Supporting our families with Primary and Secondary applications
Applications are now mostly completed on line (e-Admissions), however here at Philip Lane we recognise that computers/internet are not always accessible to everyone. Therefore during these key times at the start of a child's Primary and Secondary School life, we offer our parents and carers the opportunity to come into our Academy to receive support with their applications.
If you are looking for a place in Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane because you have recently moved into the area, or your child is at another primary school and you feel that a change of school would benefit their education and/or general well-being, you are entitled to apply for a school place.
Please contact the Admissions team at the Academy, (contact details above) to request an in-year admission form, or download from below. You can also return the form electronically for the attention of Ms Robinson on firstname.lastname@example.org
For Parents/Carers who wish to appeal
Please note that there is no guarantee that a place will be available, but you have the right of appeal if you are refused a place. If you wish to appeal an admissions decision please see the form below and contact the Admissions Team.
|In Year Admissions Form||21st May 2018||Download|
|Student Admission Form RECEPTION||21st May 2018||Download|
|HPAPL Admissions Appeal Form||28th Jan 2019||Download|
|Admission Arrangement 2019/2020||30th Jul 2019||Download|
|Admission Arrangements 2020/2021||30th Jul 2019||Download|
|Nursery Application Form||16th Mar 2020||Download|
|HPAPL Home Academy agreement GDPR copy||16th Mar 2020||Download|